ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head unit query

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
just wondering if depending on the head unit the stock speaker's sound quality varies? i know that a new head unit will increase sound quality but will an Alpine Alpine CDE-9882ri be better than a CDE-111R?
thankss

182 BG
In theory? Yes. Actual noticable difference? I very much doubt it... Save your money, get the cheaper one, and put what you've saved towards some aftermarket speakers.

Just as a side note, I put a Pioneer DEH-3300UB in my MK1 Clio with the orginal (13 year old) speakers, and the difference was amazing... Have a shop around for a good bargin though, I got that unit for about 50-60 quid plus a fiver shipping...

Obviously though, if you go buy a cheapo chinese branded Head Unit, you'll probably not notice a difference at all? Buy cheap, buy twice!

Just as a side note, I put a Pioneer DEH-3300UB in my MK1 Clio with the orginal (13 year old) speakers, and the difference was amazing... Have a shop around for a good bargin though, I got that unit for about 50-60 quid plus a fiver shipping...

Thanks for that info. I was toying with the idea of getting a new headunit and was looking at the pioneer DEH-3300UB. Been offered one for £60 posted so money wise it sounds about right as well. :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i would get a new headunit then upgrade your speakers mate, standard ones arent great. ive got alpine ones in mine and i am impressed for how cheap they are