ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Woes..

A3 1.8T+Clio 182 FF
Alright guys. I've had a search around but can't find anything recent enough to relate to.

I've currently got a Pioneer DEH-P5800MP its pretty old and lacking the features of the new ones.

In a nut shell im looking to upgrade to something new, USB+AUX option. Don't want to pay more than £150 Lower the better. all I'd like to know is am I right in looking to move onto Alpine or are Pioneer Units alright? Quality is my main concern.

Cheers

RS clio 182
Both brilliant mate iv had a few units of both. Alpine seems to be more expensive tho. Can't go wrong with either IMO

Clio 182
this: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_907567_langId_-1_categoryId_265865

or this (if you need bluetooth): http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_916723_langId_-1_categoryId_265865

mind if you go for dab you will need a digital antenna so would need to factor in £20 - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_907129_langId_-1_categoryId_265868

Fitted both these units, and very nice to use, never had a problem with quality - that said I only install/test them in carpark, so would always reccommend checking online reviews for longer term usage.

Both have stalk compatibility also - generally around £15-20, for adapters.

Sony DAB500 is nice too, but no bluetooth, and they are yet to release bluetooth/dab model as far as I am aware. If you can get a DAB700, it comes with its own antenna, so reduces costs. But will be online as theyre obsolete in halfords.

A3 1.8T+Clio 182 FF
nice to know im going the right route, cheers guys :).. cba with DAB saw someone on here break his windscreen failing at putting it on! wounded!

A.N. Other
You could just get one of the Parrot BT/USB/Aux/ipod devices like the mki9200 (or a lower model with a smaller screen). I really like mine and it's a doddle to fit.

Clio 182
nice to know im going the right route, cheers guys :).. cba with DAB saw someone on here break his windscreen failing at putting it on! wounded!

Don't know how you could break a windscreen as its adhesive, unless he tried applying it with a hammer :p. If your gna keep the unit for 2years+, dab is the way to go, although the switchover has been delayed the minimal cost difference between dab/non dab makes it a no brainer. That said if its only a couple of years then anything will do.

The DEH4500, gives you bluetooth (parrot technology), so stream/make calls, and has aux/usb support. but the X8500 has rear usb, so can route into glovebox/ astray so it much neater

A3 1.8T+Clio 182 FF
i was debating the ash tray for the bluetooth Mic, will have a look on here if there is any guides on where to put it. dont fancy putting it where my alarm sensors are on the drivers window.

A.N. Other
You need the mic up near your head - it's easy to route under the headlining and can be discretely fixed near the rear-view mirror.

A3 1.8T+Clio 182 FF
Ill check the forum for a guide somewhere.. mayaswell check for a possible Sub install route aswell while im behind the HU

for the sub in my car, i ran the 2x rca down the back of the dash, cable tied up out of the way on the drivers footwell, then fed it under all the plastic trim down the drivers side, all the way through to the boot! I ran the power cables down the otherside to avoid any noise/interference issues!