ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Well, Iv recently fitted a sub/amp to my car but i have standard door speakers and tweeters. Im not looking to change them because it looks alot of fuss and i dont want amazing loud sound, I just like my songs with a little bass (Hence the sub). Well i was reading on another thread that a good option is to turn down the bass on door speakers and let them do the high level work and the sub do by bass. But what is this option called in a HU ? So when im looking for one soon i can see if it has this option before buying it! I did try searching but it came up with nothing!

Thanks!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
HPF/LPF. High/low pass filters.

Alpine HU's FTW ;) Buy right, buy once. My ~£300 Alpine unit is still going strong 6 years on and sounds better than any other HU I've had the misfortune of using in any of my cars :approve:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Good and bad... probably not amazing sound wise, only one pre-out but will do the job.

Sound Tuning
Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15
Subwoofer Phase Select (0°/180°)
Subwoofer Level Control Adjustment
High Pass Filter: Off / 60 / 80 / 120 / 160 Hz
Low Pass Filter: Off / 60 / 80 / 120 / 160 Hz

Default Equalizer setup: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical, User Setup
3-band Parametric Equalizer (-7 to +7)
TW: 7,5 / 10 / 12,5 / 15kHz (Q 0.75 / 1.25)
MID: 0,5 / 1 / 1,5 / 2,5Hz (Q 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5)
SUB: 60 / 80 / 100 / 120Hz (Q 0.5 / 1 / 1.5 / 2)

Much better (but probably 3x the price!):

http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/p/Products/cd-head-units19/cde-9880r

Sound Tuning
Subwoofer Level Adjustment: -15dB to 0dB (1dB steps)
Bass Center Frequency: 60/80/100/200Hz (Selectable)
Bass Band Width Adjustment (Q): 4 choices (1 =wide, 4 =narrow)
Bass Level Control Range: +/-14dB at 100Hz
Treble Center Frequency: 10k/12.5k/15k/17.5kHz (Selectable)
Treble Level Control Range: +/-14dB at 10kHz
High Pass Filter: 80/120/160Hz (Selectable)

Edit again: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0018COCWG/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Bargain !!!

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Green/amber looks gash, Its all about the blue :p I have no idea what im looking for tbh. And whats good/bad. If that was in blue i would of bought it probs... FML

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's just a very basic equaliser. Depends how much of an audiophile you are.. I don't like the basic ones, they don't sound as good to me but I'm a music snob.

:eek:

Fiesta ST-3
FYI the 9880R the the evil giraffe posted earlier comes up on ebay a bit. I just got one for £90 in 'good condition'.