ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head up display

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Had a look at that, don't fancy wiring all that up! Think the basic version just needs power and earth, then feeds for revs/speed, but don't know how easy that is

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Had a look at that, don't fancy wiring all that up! Think the basic version just needs power and earth, then feeds for revs/speed, but don't know how easy that is

Easy, all the connections are behind the instrument panel ;)

I fitted one of these to my mk1, easy enough once you figure out which wires to tap into. For the speed signal, there is a 3 pin white connector attached to the speedo cable. I think it's the black central wire you need IIRC, for the revs, there is a multi pin connector at the back of the dials for the revcounter, again IIRC, it's the 4th from the end (Maybe pink). I mounted mine permanently under the dash top by cutting out a rectangular hole and gluing the hinged bracket onto the underside. Makes it less visible to thieves and harder to steal. There are 3 brightness settings and different options for displaying revs / speed via digits or LEDs.

hud1.jpg

Here's a close-up, there is a slight ghosting effect caused by reflections on the inside and outside surfaces of the glass, but isn't really noticeable when driving. There is a tinted sticker with the HUD that is supposed to reduce this but i never bothered applying it. BMWs with HUDs have specially treated glass.

hud3.jpg