ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headgasket Costs

Depends if it needs skimming. App they dont always need to be. Get the head-set and take it to a back street garage, one thats been reccomended, to have it fitted.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

my first valvers hg went after 2 weeks of my buying it from a garage, they sorted it under warrenty but it cost them over a grand. they tried to make me pay it but i kicked off to fuk and they gave in!

If the leak has been there for a while then the face of the head may be pitted. Therefore it may need to be skimmed if it can be, or replaced of its tooo bad...

Also check the flatness of the whole head surface..(Clean the head first with fine wet and dry 1st) then Place a known (Calibrated or Engineers) straight edge along the head face.. If there are any gaps more than 0.05mm then it is out of spec and may not seal correctly..

190 BHP Willy 2

If the head needs skimming ill skim it. I work as a production engineer for a large engineering company and am apprentice trained to HND standard and could always jump on a m/c and skim it myself.

I just want to know costs of changing a head gasket.

[Edited by big hp on 26 July 2004 at 7:57pm]