ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlamp washer please help

hi all.

my headlamp waaher seems to be leaking from the unit. car has not been moved for 2 days and it still has the washer ball attached. any ideas of how to stop it leaking as i want to wash it but there is no point because the fliud is running all down the bumper

cheers paul

[Edited by paulk on 27 June 2004 at 12:40pm]

Leon TDI

My 172 always dribbled. It would leave limescale marks down the bumper which overtime would be a nightmare to remove.
I think its a feature of the car ;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 27 June 2004

disconnect the fluid to headlamp washer tube.
Thats illegal. If you have Xenon headlamps you MUST have washers.

Id consult your dealer who will probably replace the leaking washer jet.

If your not going to use the car for a bit superglug the ball in place.

Just remember to disconnect the water supply for a while as superglug doesnt dry well with water.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Si172 on 27 June 2004

Whys that then?

Ford Fiesta

wont superglue make it all white? whats good for sealing them without making it look a mess?

Ford Fiesta

will it work on a very small hairline crack that leaks only when squirting the jet?

Da

Less

should do yeah, this stuff is pretty good and so long as its applied correctly you should have no worries mate.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 27 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Si172 on 27 June 2004

Whys that then?
I honestly dont know but I did read it somewhere. Xenon headlamps must be fitted with a washer jet/wipe system.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

yeah its cos any bits of dirrt, flies etc can scatter the beam i think, although the washers dont do diddly squat to remove the likes of dead flies etc anyway

Ford Fiesta

mm, I heard this too, but you can get HID Xenon kits for any car/bike and they dont get washers, in motorbike mags for example.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 28 June 2004

mm, I heard this too, but you can get HID Xenon kits for any car/bike and they dont get washers, in motorbike mags for example.
There not usually proper Xenon lights though. Proper Xenon need started packs for the 20000 V or so they need to kick them into operation.

The ones you see for sale are look alike probably better than stock ones though just not true Xenons.

Ford Fiesta

in Bike magazine they have them for sale in the back, think they are upwards of £1700 fitted to a bike, come with starter units and everything. Im sure these are the real thing. There are other types of bulbs which contain xenon gas as well as halogen but these arnt real xenon.

and still they cant fit washers to motobikes so who know...