ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamp Washer.....

clio sport 172
Hi there,

Can some please tell me if they have had a problem with their headlamp washer leaking?

I've got a Clio sport 172, 53 plate.

The passenger side washer is leaking badly & i'm not sure what route to take with it.

Help!!!!

PH2 Clio 172
I had the same on the drivers side (common issue apparently) but it stopped leaking on its own after a few weeks. I went to the Renault dealer and bought a new washer but they ordered the wrong side; so I have a brand new passenger side headlamp washer if you need to replace yours (you can have it for what I paid for it). I think mine stopped leaking as the washer bottle drained completely so there was no water pressure on the washer jet, after filling it up no more leaks (almost like there was a rubber membrane or something inside the jet that settled when then was no water pressure behind it).

DCi 100
Aye there's a little rubber part inside that moves to let water out.

Someone recently on here put non return valves on the pipes for his iirc.

You can have a fiddle about as said using non-return valves or just go to Renault and get a new one, they're about £13 per side.

R26
ive got non return valves on mine... still leak lol... just used to it now tbh lol. gave up