ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamp Washers

Renault Clio 172
Hi all,

I have a PH2 172, and when I bought it there was the ball missing out of the headlamp washer, meaning that the water sprayed outwards on to the road instead of onto the headlamp itself. I went to Renault, and they told me I had to buy the whole washer, I couldn't just buy the ball.

I fitted that, but now the ball has gone missing out of the otherside! It looks like someone has jammed a screw driver down to pop it out as the black mounting bit has been scratched.

Any idea where I can just get the ball from, and will it just slot straight back in? Or have I got to buy the whole washer again from Renault?!

Cheers.

prob best getting another one from renault , if someone has been prising them in and out then chances are they are not going to seal properly and will end up leaking down your bumper all the time.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
As said above id just go and buy a new one from Renault and replace the whole unit. I replaced both of mine in around an hour.

Renault Clio 172
Around the £25 mark. Mine was really awkward to fit as well.

Im hoping if I go to a scrap yard and find just the ball, it will slot back in.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yeah, its best to take the front bumper off but its not as much of a daunting task as it sounds.

Renault Clio 172
I would take the front bumper off as well, when I did mine I ended up taking out the horn, fog lamp, and some air intake pipes.

Would have been a lot easier just to take the bumper off!