ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight adjuster??

my passenger headlight's adjuster is fooducked, it aims way too high and if you turn on dipped beam without engine running, you can hear it buzzing. so question of the day is.... can you just replace something in the headlight, or is it a new headlight situation?

probably just need a new auto levelling motor. Its bolted to the back of the cluster, easily visible when the bonnet pops itself open.

Before you replace it, make sure the connector is seated properly to the inside of the light cluster. Its a plastic ball and socket joint iirc

ok so how do i know if it looks like what it should look like?

you wont, its just a black plastic box with a white adjuster on top.

If you can hear the motor moving, the 'spline' has more than likely just popped off from the light internals. Inbolt it, connect it back up and bolt it back on.

Failing that, its new motor time.

You'll need a torch, they can be quite fiddly.

No idea on the price, sorry. Its about the only part that wasn't replaced when I had a front end crash before xmas!

PH1 172 Sport
Mine did this on the day of my MOT! The ball had popped out of the joint. As fubar said you will need a torch to see what your doing.

The motor twists of off and will probably pull straight out on the motor theres a ball which clips into the adjuster on the light. I found the best thing to do was to wind the adjuster out so the ball joint is out as far as possible. Then its easy to relocate it into the joint.

Sorry its not a very good explanation but its hard to explain.

do you need to take the light out to do this, meaning taking of the bumper and grill etc? or can you do it without?

top headlight mount? washers? FTW?
sorry i'm not too clued up on these terms?

the drivers side headlight motor is dodgy and it seems pretty impossible to get at it without taking the light out as there is a metal bar going across the top of it. I can't take the light out as the bottom bolts are covered by the bumper which means taking that off etc. which i am reluctant to do...

Where your headlight is screwed onto the car, take that screw out, slide some washers underneath, put it back in. Ghetto repairs For The Win.