ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight adjustment - how?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Going to sound like a simpleton here.....how do I adjust my lights!
Just fitted an original set of headlight units and the drivers side basically points at about 2" in front of the car, not ideal.
I know there are adjust screws (the White screw things behind the unit), but aren't these for left/right adjustment? The electric motor adjustment is on "zero" so the highest they will go.
Car is due for an MOT test end of next month, and I am tempted to let it fail and then use their equipment to set them up....aka let them do it!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The servos have a height adjustment on them.

%24_57.jpg

For it to be that far out I think something's not right though.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that, I'll have another look tomorrow, just wanted to be pointed in the right direction. But damn it, it sounds like another bumper off, lights out job! Which is what I wanted to avoid unless I can squeeze my hand in the small gap.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's a right PITA!

It might be worth twisting out the servos from the back of the light, seeing if the servo rod is connected to the light, or if it's there at all! I had to rebuild one of my servos as the rod had wound right out of it.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
In hindsight it is probably a job I should have checked when I had the car in pieces fitting them. I had in in my head that being original parts it will be fine.
It does need doing as I've just driven in the dark and it points so close to the front of the car it looks like I have a bulb out, and that is even with my nice MTEC super bright bulbs!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Ok....could be a dodgy connection as I have just been out to check it (it's dark and easy to see!) and the bulb was out. Wiggled the connection and it came back on.
The servo is making a noise, but not sure if it is doing anything to the level to the drivers side (passenger is fine). Need to check against a wall but car is pointing into the road on the drive and I cba to turn it around as it's midnight lol. May need some manual adjustment on the servo or attaching the servo to the light.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Got a picture of how they actually look, the driver's side is definately too low.
IMG_1048_zpsjejwgz3d.gif

Going to have another look tomorrow evening to see if it is the servo adjustment. If the servo is fubar'd then I have the old ones I can try, but is is making a noise, I just couldn't tell if it was moving and it was 12am last night and I wanted to go to sleep!