ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight alignment

LY 182
My driver's side Xenon is too bright. Noticed after a few flashes my way and the finger lol.

I had a look and there is a lot of play in the light housing I can literally move my Xenon light up and down where as the other side it fixed. I can't seem to see where to tighten this up if possible.

Any ideas?

Nissan 350z
Same problem on my passenger side Xenon. Popped the rubber cover off and the whole unit appears to have dropped inside the housing and is free to move. Popped the cap off the driver side to compare and that is fixed and has no play in it.

The motor for the auto alignment has popped off. Its connected using a ball/socket joint which can come out. Pop it back in and Robert's your mother's brother.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
My passengers side was wobbly and was making a noise, as if it was constantly adjusting itself when I had the lights on.

I just popped it back in and it's been fine. I pushed the bit directly behind the bulb (I left the rubber cap on), I think this is the way fubAr has mentioned. No bumper off for me.

I'm a noob though, so I am probably way off.

5 gt turbo clio172cup
just pop them back in to the headlight adjuster.

As mentioned earlier its like a ball and joint sort of arrangement. Does take a tiny bit of persuasion but its easy enough..

I had many incidents of people flicking me the bird until i sorted mine :evil:

You can access the back of the headlight via the engine bay-no need to take off the front bumper :approve:

172 Ph2. Mmm...
I had one (passenger side) was really wobbly inside, i thought it was just the top ball joint in the middle of the headlight on the inside also, but it turned out to be the plastic clips broken, they are so flimsy and the ball joints are quite strong, new headlight job for me!

Nissan 350z
Yeah thats what i fear as well fuller seeing how the whole unit appears to have dropped inside the housing, rather than the unit swinging loose which i would assume would happen if it was only a loose motor connection.

It only takes 10 mins to remove the bumper anyway... so no biggie (I wrote a guide in the guides section) As above, the internal plastic clips easily break off. When I had the front of my car rebuilt the garage broke the clips on a brand new Xenon cluster. They're made from cheese.