ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Cloudiness

Corsa SXi
Hi, how do I get rid of the cloudiness of my headlights? basically want to make them look really shiny and new again? It makes the car look so bad!

First Post
icon10.png

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
I had the same problem but didn't use the sand paper method. I went to halfords and the guy recommended Rubbing Compound (it's like T-Cut but stronger). It takes some elbow grease and a couple of attempts but it works.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Gonna have a go at this on the weekend! even after a good wash and wax for the car, the headlights let it down when they look like that lol

SG9 Forester STi
I couldn't be arsed and bought new ones from Euro Car Parts (luckily mine are non-sport so could get some cheap).

The guides work really well though as a mate did his and they came up lovely.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Did mine last week with G3 and a rotary polisher. 15 minutes work and they're 95% like new

Clio 182
My mate who does body work just did mine for me, if ya want I can ask him what grit sand paper etc he used and let ya know?

Ph2 Clio 172
dont they return cloudy quite quickly though once sanded/polished?

If you don't look after them, yes. I did mine about 18 months ago and they are back to being just as bad now.

Its a lot of work if you don't have a rotary polisher or something.

Clio 172
I used the green side to a ordinary dish washing spunj, then sprayed over the headlights with bumper/trim polish. Saved me £20 on a restoration kit and my lights are nice and shiny :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I worried that I was going to cloud them up when I was sanding them and then not be able to polish them back to a usable level - I needn't have worried.

If you have cloudy headlights, DO IT.

Did a mates CTR and my brothers Clio yesterday with my machine polisher and wet sanding. Came out pretty well for my first time using it
They now have a better reflection than the rest of the car :eek:

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Corsa SXi
I worried that I was going to cloud them up when I was sanding them and then not be able to polish them back to a usable level - I needn't have worried.

If you have cloudy headlights, DO IT.

I thought exactly the same, after sanding them i was oh no i think I've just made them even worse but put some polish on them used the rotary polishing sponge and they looked good

182 FF sport clio RB
I hate how cloudy mine are! James they've come up a treat.... Mind if I pop down for a polish? lol

inferno 182.
polishing is a great way of doing it but you remove the uv potection from the headlamp that way so they will yellow up in time!
yes some polish and wax will protect it abit!

182 FF sport clio RB
Gona attemp it tonight with a rotary polisher, if I fail then I might just have too (looking at how well you've done the others) Any tips when I attempt it?

182 FF sport clio RB
Haha! Mate I just did mine with the polisher but it was raining, I got drenched! Gona carry on tomorrow, but get some better stuff than t cut I think.

I wetsanded first. But if you've got a harsh enough cutting pad/polish you could skip out wetsanding.
I just wetsanded with 800 > 1500 then used light polish and light polish pad, exactly the same as you would on paint.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
£27.99 for that kit? I just ordered the sandpaper from eBay for about £3 plus some elbow grease, done.