ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight issue

Clio Sport 172
Front drivers side xenon has started working intermittently. What I've found is it will eventually come on after tuning the lights on and off repeatedly. However, today noticed the light flickering before eventually coming on. I've read previous posts n people have mentioned that it may be the ballaster that needs
replaced? Does this sound like it would fix the problem? Is there a way to test it before buying one as I checked eBay n they're in the region of £50! Advice much appreciated.. :)

hey, Try swapping the ignitor (black screw on box which goes onto the xenon bulb) from the faulty side onto the good side and see if the problem has from light to the other. If it has then it is the ignitor that needs changing. However if the problem is still on the same original faulty side then it could be your ballast.

Then swap the ballasts over (will need to remove the bumper) once the you have swapped the ballasts from the faulty side to the good side check if flickering has moved from one headlight to the other if it has then its your ballasts if not then its proberly down to wiring or a relay switch. :)

Thats a lot but its just a way to identify what part it is just eliminating each part by swapping it over to test :D

Clio Sport 172
Cheers Ashley..fancy doing all that for me!? =D Good advice though..thanks very much! So just a case of trial and error?

Clio 182 Cup
Its definitely the ballast.. Water will have got into it at that's what causes it, just had the same problem, a 2nd hand ballast from ebay sorted it.. Its a bumper off job but only takes 15 minutes :)

Clio 182 Cup
Well its bolted on to the base of the headlight, and you need to take the bumper off to get the headlight out, so how do you presume you get the headlight out without taking the bumper off? As the 2 10mm bolts that hold the headlight on are behind the bumper :)