ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight issue

My wife has just got a 2009 Clio Gt VVT 128. When the sidelights only are turned on the Drivers side Dip Beam also comes on. Left side is as it should be with sidelight only on.
Other than this all other Headlight settings work as they should.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
My wife has just got a 2009 Clio Gt VVT 128. When the sidelights only are turned on the Drivers side Dip Beam also comes on. Left side is as it should be with sidelight only on.
Other than this all other Headlight settings work as they should.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Did it just start happening it was it after something was fiddled with?

She only got the car yesterday , i would assume it's an existing fault. The car was apparently MOT'd prior to collection which means it should have been picked up then. I did read that the bulb may be double filament but it seems as bright as when on Dipped. If it is double filament could that mean it was replaced during the MOT but then not check on assumption it would work?

Anyone got any ideas as to the problem?
My wife took the car back to garage today and basically told her as its illegal to drive on just sidelights to just leave it and live with it. So basically you should only drive with your lights either fully off or fully on. The fact that the drivers dip beam comes on on one headlight when sidelights only are selected is irrelevant.
I am far from happy at what he told her so i will definitely be having words with him next week!
In the meantime any ideas as to the cause of the unwanted Dip Beam activation?