ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Problem

1.2 16v Clio
I have a 1.2 Mk2 Ph2

I am trying to replace the passengers side dipped light bulb. No matter how long or how hard I try I cannot get it clicked into place.

I can get it in place but can't get it turned to keep it secure in a clicked in position.

The drivers side has a grip handle thing on the bulb holder. The passengers side does not but I don't understand why as this side is harder to turn the bulb into place.

Anyone shed any light on this?

1.2 16v Clio
I had this problem so I took the light out, lol.

I am up for MOT on Thursday so looks like I will have to do this too.
How easy is it to take the headlight unit out? I see one 10mm nut on the top but don't see how else it is being held in? Does the bumper have to be dropped down a bit?

M

mini-valver

10mm bolt either side under the arch, 2 10mm's on top for the bumper the 3 10mm's around the light.

1.2 16v Clio
I have the easiest one to see off now at the top along the side of the slam panel I think. So there is one more on top? 2 under the passenger side wing and then 3 around the light unit itself?

Does the bumper/grill/splash guard have to be removed?

Sorry for the hassle :(

No mate, he means the whole front bumper needs taking off, then there are 2 more bolts at the bottom of the headlight holding it on.
If there's a grip on one headlight but not on the other it's been broken off, should have 2.

1.2 16v Clio
If there's a grip on one headlight but not on the other it's been broken off, should have 2.

Yea I thought that too but I took the grip off the drivers side one to put it on the other side and its not working. It seems to be different. There is like a fold over cap on the passenger side covering the wires then on the other side when you remove the grip the wires have no cover as the cover and grip is all in one but it is a clip on rather than a fold over cover if you understand?