ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight problem

My dipped beam decided it didn't want to work last night, the side lights and main beam work though.

I've done a search and found that it could be down to a faulty fuse or relay but from what I've read people who've had this problem don't get that green headlight light lighting up on the dash where as I am. Makes me wonder if both bulbs have blown at the same time. What are the chances of them both blowing though and I've replaced both bulbs about 4 months ago.

Clio
Yep sounds like you have blown both bulbs. You may have blown one and not noticed then when the second one went you see nothing. Cheap crap bulbs can blow quickly and touching the glass on the bulb while fitting will reduce their life too. Replace them and if they go again look into a wiring fault.

Yeah, I took them out earlier and noticed they'd both blown. Pretty sure they both went at the same time because I tend to check my lights quite often, also I can see my headlights in the garage door when it's dark and they're turned on. They weren't cheap bulbs either :dead:.

See if the company you bought them from will offer a refund or re-issue Jon mate. Worth the five minute call/email.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I never kept hold of the receipt unfortunately. I'll bare it in mind if these go pop though, cheers for the advise mate. :)

I work in Halfords mate remember, so if we do them I can pick you some up for a nice discounted price ;)