ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight refurb

clio dci extreme
well gone and bought my daughter a car as she is sixteen now so got offered a nice little clio that needs a bit of tidying and some minor work ,but it was a bargain as it already has the 172 ph1 interior, it was a womans car with kids so you can imagine the state of the interior will get some pics up later .

thought i would give the headlights a going over as they were a advisory on last years mot so thought i would try and rescue them before spending on a replacement set

before

passenger headlight

IMG_3446_zpsa15280f0.jpg

IMG_3447_zps2cd73d60.jpg

IMG_3448_zps3ba752e1.jpg

drivers headlight

IMG_3453_zpsc042182c.jpg

IMG_3454_zps7cbd5a84.jpg

IMG_3455_zpsac5a3d78.jpg

wet flatted with 1200

IMG_3449_zps19797d98.jpg

IMG_3452_zps45fa982a.jpg

went on to flat using 2000 then 3000 (sorry no pics got carried away)

then buffed with

white pad and fast cut 3m

yellow pad and fine 3m

green pad and ultrafine 3m

black finishing pad and meguiars scratch x plastic polish

finished headlight (sorry only drivers)

IMG_3456_zps95ad0f73.jpg

IMG_3457_zps4da3a29a.jpg

IMG_3459_zps90f92671.jpg

could probably go a bit more but i am more than happy with the results compared to the way they were.

will be after a few bits and pieces later , will get some pics of interior and exterior when i get a bit more time

thanks for looking regards dav

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks spot on, it's amazing what a little elbow grease can do to change the overall appearance of a car.

clio dci extreme
cheers guys got loads of cleaning and polishing ahead of me ,already gutted interior (roof lining and all)and scrubbed it all down ready to clean and reinstall interior .

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks good... I need to do this on my headlights before they get too bad.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
That's an incredible difference!! Very impressed!! I'll be using your method sooner or later!!

Looks great! 1200 is perhaps a little coarse, but at least you've not followed the 500 grit trend on here!

clio dci extreme
Looks great! 1200 is perhaps a little coarse, but at least you've not followed the 500 grit trend on here!

would not normally use 1200 but they were that bad i didnt think they would be salvageable so thought nothing to loose ,normally start with 1500/2000 grit