ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight removal

Is there a way to remove both headlights without having to take the front bumper off? Need to replace both bulbs but it's proving to be a massive pain in the ass when they're in the car.
Thanks, Ollie

It only takes me about a minute to remove the front bumper.

It won't for me unfortunately. Because I've had a crash in it the front bumper is bent and cracked on the back (can't see it, but makes it a massive pain to take off and refit). So you can't pull the headlight out at all without the bumper coming off then? All I need is to be able to loosen it for a little more room really.
Thanks

Man up and squeeze the hands in ;) it is tight, but doable

Issue is I think the cables on the back of the plug are tangled around the bloody metal lock thing inside the back of the headlights -_- il wait for my new bulbs to arrive and then have another go at it. Really dont fancy taking the bumper off tbh. I just find stuff like that proper annoying :p

No need to take the headlight out.. Once you've done it once, it's the easiest thing.

Yeah I know, done it twice before on both headlights.. But I pissed about with it for ages last night in the rain and got nowhere and it just annoyed me loads. Then it clicked in my head about removing them as it'd be easier to fit the bulbs. Gutted the bumper would have to come off too though. Il just have to attempt it again when the new bulbs arrive and not drive in the dark for now!

Well they should be arriving tomorrow so may just attempt it again without removing bumper but try and stay more calm haha. UNLESS there is somebody in a nearby area who fancies doing it for me? ;) I know it's not hard and I've done twice before, but it really pisses me off -.- got no patience for stuff like that

Just be more patient!!
You aren't too far from me, but I still reckon you'll be able to do it if you just take your time, and properly work out how they go in, rather than just blindly fiddling around!

Just be more patient!!
You aren't too far from me, but I still reckon you'll be able to do it if you just take your time, and properly work out how they go in, rather than just blindly fiddling around!

Yeah Il just give it a go. As I said above I've changed them before. Think I was rushing because of the rain and got nowhere haha. They should be with me tomorrow with a bit of luck. Look forward too it, sucks not being able to drive after 8;45 ish..!