ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Restoration Scuffing Removal Help!

BG182 FF
Despite using lots of tape and extra different tape, the headlight restoration kit still went through one part. How can i remove the scuffing mark its made? Thanks

BG182 FF
Post up a picture and ill let you know if it can be polished out with a DA or if it needs respraying
f5cea32c0aedc1dbac5feaae96348de0.jpg

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Wait, I was looking at the bonnet edge. But that might just be reflection.

If it's just what's underneath the headlight, I polished something similar out.

BG182 FF
Wait, I was looking at the bonnet edge. But that might just be reflection.

If it's just what's underneath the headlight, I polished something similar out.
The bonnet was a massive stone chip which started to flake off! I've tried a light cutting compound but hasn't shifted it :/ its still a scuff though because the paints still underneath

Whatever you used to polish the headlight up should take that out, it's only marked the surface.

Reactions: Gus
  BG182 FF
Got it out. I actually used the headlight rubbing compound and the drill attachment and its all gone!

RB 182 FF
How easy/hard is it to take the headlights out completely to restore them? Reason I ask is one of my sidelights dropped into my headlight so I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and retrieve it whilst restoring the lights........

BG182 FF
How easy/hard is it to take the headlights out completely to restore them? Reason I ask is one of my sidelights dropped into my headlight so I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and retrieve it whilst restoring the lights........
Bumper off job then 3 bolts holding the headlight on 2 below and 1 on top which is on the slampanel