ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight restoration

Clio RS172 Ph2
If I understand it well, you apply a new coating to your headlights? Do this kit also contains material to polish the headlights first? I think this must be the first step before the coating? Or only the sanding papers like on the pictures? Is this enough you think?

Personally I use this kit to fix my headlights:

http://3mauto.com/products/headlight-restoration/3m-headlight-lens-restoration-system-39008.html#

Only problem is, after 6 months they are starting to get "bad" again. So the coating you found maybe can be a solution.

Clio RS172 Ph2
Okay, clear to me!

Are you going to post the result on here? Will keep an eye on this thread. Maybe I can use this as final step after my 3M kit (I prefer this kit above sanding by hand only).

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Did it, kit works great.
3M makes some really useful velcro sanding pads.
Antistatic cloth us a must though...I didn't have one and paid for it with some dust specs.
Primer dried up clear not opaque as per instructions

Have pics, but cannot upload for some reason
uploadfromtaptalk1440959152521.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1440959169251.jpg