ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight upgrade

On my 1.2 16v , the headlights are seriously dull and i fancy some new shenanigans ...
I noticed that as standard there is a bulb missing in the headlight next to whats in there , so .
Do i buy another bulb to go next to it or replace the old one with a fancy xenon or whatever it is , or buy 2 of the new ones .
Im sure they were ment to be the bright ones when i brought it .

What im really after is ana nswer as to why there is a space and what are the seriously clear bright white lights .

Hope i havnt confused you , thanks in advance .

Philips Power2Night are great - they even made the poor Williams lights actually work. :approve:

Golf GTI 1.8T
i thought the head lights were good on the new clios, you should try a mk1 mate, nightmare down back lanes

Unless i drive around with the main beam on i cant see anythin . The light adjuster thingy sucks too. Anyone else think its pointless having that angle changer for the headlight , it goes from showing 5 meters ahead to 1/2 a meter on the bottom setting. I dont get it

But what im after is the bulb codes etc to swap the headlight bulb to somethin that gives me a nice bright white light .

cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine are pretty good in my MK2

thinking of getting some of these phillips bulbs that claim 50% more light on the road, with 10-20m longer beam though.

Golf GTI 1.8T
i think maybe your headlights are actually angled wrong then, because the angle adjuster works fine on mine and ont others

172 M69 eater
mitchzxr said:
i thought the head lights were good on the new clios, you should try a mk1 mate, nightmare down back lanes

i think i can see 2 metres in front of me in my mark 1 :S

i just checked out http://www.powerbulbs.com ...

I think i wanna go for these for the headlight , Osram Silver Star, but which one do i get , there is H1, H4 and H7

Are these a straight swap in the clio 05 model , Philips Silver Vision PY21W , clear indicator bulb ?

And apparently you get free blue vision sidelights on there too with every order .

So if anyone can tell me exactly what to slap in my cart , would be greatly appreciated .

cheer

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
silver vision are still slightly orange iirc....best for indicators are silvatec ones...avalible from ktec.

Not sure what the best xenon look bulbs are for the fronts...i have philips blue vision and they made no difference what so ever to the lights.

You wont be able to afford the xenon conversion eitheer as it's a stupid amount of money...

... i have seen the silvatec ones and they are cheaper too :)

So am i wrong in thinking that you can just change the bulb in the headlight then :/