ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight UV Damage

Clio 1.2 2003
Hey guys just wondering what would be the best grade of wet and dry to use to remove the uv damage off my headlights. Any other tips and suggestions would be great.

Cheers

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Work your way up from maybe 1000 grit to 2000 grit using plenty of warm soapy water. Thats what i did and used a bit auto glym super resin polish between the different grades of sandpaper, mine came up great! hope this helps :)

No.

2000 grit upwards. 1000 is too harsh. But thank god you're not as stupid as others who have used 800 grit!!

Titanium 182
No.

2000 grit upwards. 1000 is too harsh. But thank god you're not as stupid as others who have used 800 grit!!

FLOL seriously? Yeah go for 2000 grit up to the highest you have, 3000 would be ideal.

Anyone got any 40 grit? Mint's pretty bad :eek:

Someone even had their thread stickied, containing advice to use 600 grit... Oh, and Mr Muscle... jesus.

BG182FF
i used 1500 on only the real bad bits with plenty of water, then 2000 and 3000 for the rest of the light. ONly used the 1500 for literally no time just to get majority of the damage off

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
This is more than likely one of them stupid question moments but this is the outside of the h/l your rubbing down yeah? Mine need done too, its a real let down IMO