ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight washer hose

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
My MOT is due on Friday and I’ve just noticed that when I try to wash my headlights the water trickles out of the passenger arch. I removed the arch liner and the hose that connects the washer jets to the fitting is missing.

Would anyone have one about? Or know if some 5/6mm generic piping would do?

Another option is to remove the bumper and both washer jets, then cover the holes with either cup blanking plugs or similar sized plugs. I did this to mine recently. I did chuck out the piping though which is annoying!

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
With the Northern Ireland MOT laws, if the car is fitted with xenons it needs to have washer jets unfortunately.

With the Northern Ireland MOT laws, if the car is fitted with xenons it needs to have washer jets unfortunately.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same MOT laws here in all honesty, but many risk it including me. To be on the safe side it would be better to replace the tubing. I can’t remember what diameter it was but you’re right it’s around 5mm

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I attempted many fixes on this - fancy non-return valves, checking the pump motor from the washer bottle, even checking the nozzle on the bumper itself.

Everything I tried was always short-term - worked for a while, then a few weeks later, I'd come back to the car with a small pool of water underneath the front corner. Ended up disconnecting it in the end and blanking the tubing off.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I attempted many fixes on this - fancy non-return valves, checking the pump motor from the washer bottle, even checking the nozzle on the bumper itself.

Everything I tried was always short-term - worked for a while, then a few weeks later, I'd come back to the car with a small pool of water underneath the front corner. Ended up disconnecting it in the end and blanking the tubing off.

Think that's what someones done to mine. I'm going to T it off at the pump for the windscreen washer jets and just tape the hose to the top of the headlights. It'll pass the MOT at least then I can whip it off when I get home.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Think that's what someones done to mine. I'm going to T it off at the pump for the windscreen washer jets and just tape the hose to the top of the headlights. It'll pass the MOT at least then I can whip it off when I get home.
Probably worth doing that. It's clearly a poor design, no matter which 1*2 you get - made worse when you know you filled the tank up a few days prior and your windscreen now is just smearing bone-dry crap across it!