ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HEADLIGHT WASHER JET REMOVAL

Renault Clio 172
Hi guys, I've bought some headlight washer jet blankers and was wondering to u need to remove the bumper to take the washer jet stalks out?
Cheers Rich

Clio sport 182
]Hi guys, I'm looking at removing my headlight jets Ive looked and looked for something any ideas and where I can get some and how much they will cost??

E46 M3, Clio 182
iirc there about £90 a pair from renault, they pop up now and again second hand for circa £40. I've been after a second hand set for months! :-(

FF Orange Clio 182
Wouldn't it be an mot fail without the headlamp washers on the xenons?
I've read it's a production requirement. If they are on they need to work but if they've been removed it's fine as there's nothing to test.. maybe somebody can clarify as I'm interested in some blanks myself.

Also some garages won't check or will turn a blind eye like decats getting through.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've read it's a production requirement. If they are on they need to work but if they've been removed it's fine as there's nothing to test.. maybe somebody can clarify as I'm interested in some blanks myself.

That's also my understanding. Depends who you ask.

We'll soon find out though as I've got my MOT next week and removed the washer jets and replaced with blanks since the last MOT.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
They were £45 + VAT back around 12 years ago when one of mine went awry.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Wouldn't it be an mot fail without the headlamp washers on the xenons?

Also some garages won't check or will turn a blind eye like decats getting through.

That's also my understanding. Depends who you ask.

We'll soon find out though as I've got my MOT next week and removed the washer jets and replaced with blanks since the last MOT.

Just to update this, had my MOT done yesterday and it flew through and no fail/advisory for the blanks. They didn't even mention them when I picked it up :)

I've been told my the tester that Rentec (Edinburgh) use that blanks are a failure with xenon headlights? So now instead of fitting they are having to repair. I'm not particularly happy as I have read numerous times that this isn't the case.
Any way I can clarify? Any testers able to help? I'd love some clarity before speaking to them about it. I really don't want them on as they are almost pointless. And now paying for Rentec to fix something to satisfy one tester!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
My jets are still present but pipe work is removed. Never had issue at MOT

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've been told my the tester that Rentec (Edinburgh) use that blanks are a failure with xenon headlights? So now instead of fitting they are having to repair. I'm not particularly happy as I have read numerous times that this isn't the case.
Any way I can clarify? Any testers able to help? I'd love some clarity before speaking to them about it. I really don't want them on as they are almost pointless. And now paying for Rentec to fix something to satisfy one tester!
I have some jets off my bumper if you're needing some? Pretty sure they work OK and all piping looks OK to me. Never used them though.