ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight washer jet

Megane 265 Cup
One of my headlight washer jets is leaking after use and just draining all my water from the water bottle, this a common issue? Any quick fixes or anything for this?

It just seems to keep dribbling away after it is used.

cheers

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
I would assume the washer motor isn't switching off completely, hence the leak?

Somebody else on here may be able to educate you on where the faulty relay for this may be. :)

BG182FF
i had the same problem mate, i just let it leak all the water out then it stoppped when i refilled the water bottle :S now i avoid using them haha

Megane 265 Cup
How do you avoid using them, do they not automatically go on when the headlights are on? letting it empty and refilling has not resolved the issue...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Very common fault.

I've had no problems with mine since I stop using them. At night I only use them for a spilt second (the headlight washers don't spray then)

Megane 265 Cup
lol yeah I tried that fletcher, guess i am just a bit too long on the washer button, does anyone know will a new washer jet head resolve this? or is it a problem elsewhere?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
lol yeah I tried that fletcher, guess i am just a bit too long on the washer button, does anyone know will a new washer jet head resolve this? or is it a problem elsewhere?

A new jet head should sort it.

I found when mine were leaking, If I only half filled the washer bottle that the leaking stopped. If you can, I'd leave it until the spring, as the cold weather quite often splits the jet washer heads.

Megane 265 Cup
Any clue on how much these cost from the robbing gits that are renault?

Cheers

only need one by the way :)

Megane 265 Cup
Oh one last question if anyone can kindly help, does anyone know which is the right product code for the left side headlight washer jet? 77 01 207 168 OR 77 01 207 152

thanks

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Disconnected mine completely, fed up of them leaking and they do sod all anyway!