ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight washer leaking??

Clio 182
Hi i dont no why but my front left headlight washer is constantly leaking, anyone else had a similar problem or know how to sort it?

Thanks

Nick

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mine leaked but i got them done under warranty im sure theres a few that have fixed them therselves

Clio 182
i didnt notice it up until the point where i user my washers once and ever since then its just constantly leaking!

Titanium Clio 182
How can you try not to use them. Do you turn your headlights off before you spray your front windows. I know a lot of people disconnect them.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
One side the ball popped out got it replaced under warrenty then the other side did the same thing got it replaced had to pay for it only payed £3 then it leaked for a few days then it stopped itself never leaked again

Clio 182
well i might leave mine for a couple of days see what happens but its been leaking non stop since 7pm yesturday evening. If push comes to shove and they still leaking can they be disconnected easily without damaging anything?

well i might leave mine for a couple of days see what happens but its been leaking non stop since 7pm yesturday evening. If push comes to shove and they still leaking can they be disconnected easily without damaging anything?

Disconnected in what way just superglue to ball back in or diconnect them (pinchthe pipe or get new units is the easy option.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
There a common fault the washers some people tend to disconnect them i prefer to have them working i dont know how mine sopped leaking probably something stuck in the tubing leading to the washer it might?

Not a poxy Renault
They are pretty easy to fix, but having said that mines been into the Renault garage six times since christmas to have the headlight washers fixed under warranty. And one is still leaking a bit. Renault don't like to replace them under warranty unless they are pis*ing. So I'd give them a week / ten days to 'develop' and take them to a decent Renault garage.
If there is such a thing!

I filled mine up last night had a look this morning and the water was all over the floor left one aswell need to book it in really

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It is annoying after all this time they should of solved this problom by now :mad:

Fiesta ST3
How can you try not to use them. Do you turn your headlights off before you spray your front windows. I know a lot of people disconnect them.

short blasts rather than a constant stream..
the headlight washer only jet after about 3 seconds

I had mine disconnected - plug disconnected from pump and hoses cut (and folded over and cable tied), near the bottle.

They're a waste of time imo - they don't actually clean your headlights. I spent loads one winter on windscreen washer fluid, what with the short days, mainly driving in the dark and all the salt on the roads.......and the constant leaking (it looked like it was crying all the time, lol.)

Fiesta ST3
bit of a thread revival;)

something like £7 from renault
mine ended up leaking again so i followed a thread on here and basically pulled the fuse and disconnected the pipes inside the arch liner...