ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Washers not working

Flame Red 172
Okay guys hope someone can point me the right way here.

Had issues with the Screen washers due to a dodgy pump so I changed it out and all is now well. However I have Headlight washer issues and I'm a bit stuck.

So, lights on, multiple pulls of the stalk at varying lengths of time and I couldn't hear the pump, nor see any water from the washers or under the car. Swapped out the pump for the headlights for the dodgy one from the screen wash side (which did at least work if only badly) and still no joy. Checked Fuse - fine but replaced anyway - still no joy.

So basically where do I look next? Only thing I can think of is try the screen washer wiring on the headlight side. But I'm thinking it must be electrical so where could I try next?

Cheers Guys

G

Gregor11

Good point I should have read it more carefully!!

Have you checked for power/earth to the plug? Relay perhaps?

Flame Red 172
Good point I should have read it more carefully!!

Have you checked for power/earth to the plug? Relay perhaps?

Are the two pumps run from a different relay? I'm thinking it has to be power at that connector somehow but no idea how to check that to be honest.

G

Gregor11

Get a test light, operate the headlamp washers and it should read 12v plus at the plug socket! Check for continuity of the earth to! Or if you've not got the tools, pop to a garage and pay, it'll only take 5-10 mins to check!

Flame Red 172
Cheers fella, not got the tools but know a man who will have so will get the voltage read as the first job.

Get a test light, operate the headlamp washers and it should read 12v plus at the plug socket! Check for continuity of the earth to! Or if you've not got the tools, pop to a garage and pay, it'll only take 5-10 mins to check!

G

Gregor11

Hope you get it sorted mate. I assume/think the screen washers work? That should eliminate the switch. I'm sure they have their own relay (the headlamp washers) so have that checked to!

Flame Red 172
Hope you get it sorted mate. I assume/think the screen washers work? That should eliminate the switch. I'm sure they have their own relay (the headlamp washers) so have that checked to!

Will do cheers. Yep, as mentioned new pump and C3 washer jets for the screen and all is working great. Just the pesky headlight washers!

Flame Red 172
Screen and Headlight Washers not working

OK, unfortunately having to resurrect my thread as I've probs again with this.

Now the screen washers are only working VERY intermittently. Does anyone know or know of any diagrams that show exactly how these wires run as there has to be a dodgy contact or a break in the wire somewhere and need to know where it runs!

So screen wash when it feels like it and headlight washers not at all.

Starting to lose my patience with this French POS now :rasp: