ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headphone Recommendation

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
Morning all,

I need recommendations for a "decent" pair of headphones that I can use for work phone calls...with the following stipulations:

* 3.5mm jack as they'll be used with an iPhone 6s or can be put in my adaptor if I use my personal phone (iPhone 8)
* In-ear buds, no over ear etc
* Wired not wireless, I don't want the hassle of charging them unless you can vouch for their awesome-ness
* Must have a microphone on them as they will be used for phone calls and even better if this microphone is noise reducing so it filters out my noisy colleagues voices and allows my clients to hear me properly! This is a crucial one, as of late clients have claimed they can hear my colleagues better than they can hear me (Suitable alternatives include; me speaking louder to compete or strangling said colleagues with new headphone cable)

I think that's about it, price-wise I'm open to any suggestions if they're worth the money, although with the caveat that I don't want to be crying if the cat destroys them if I'm stupid enough to leave them lying around at home.

PS. The original Apple headphones don't really cut it, and I've tried other pairs but they've all been cheap (e.g. a tenner) and therefore rubbish. Willing to spend money on something that's going to do the job properly!

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
I feel that over-ears will be a bit bulky to carry around with me regularly, and I'll be taking them on/off constantly in the office...nothing to do with a poncy haircut either...(much).
I don't want to stick with what I've got as I feel that there must be a set of in-ear buds that have a decent microphone. It's not so much the fact I can't hear my clients but that they can't hear me - so it's more the microphone that needs to be noise-reducing than the earphone element - if that makes sense.

Cupra
Why no over ear ?

Best things I've ever bought are Sennheiser PXC 550

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E3XLNA0/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Bluetooth to multiple devices, or 3.5mm or usb for computer headset. Noise cancelling.

Just wonderful.

I use a set of Bose QC35s for work and would never go back to in ear.
I enjoy being able to listen to spotify on the laptop, get a call on the mobile and they automatically pause spoitfy, annouce the call to you and with one press of the button you can connect the call. I work in an open plan office, so the noise cancelling is amazing to have too... utter bliss in fact. The only complaints I have ever had about sounds quality in calls is when I am typing whilst in a call. The mic points down, so it picks up the clatterying of the keys. Now I just hit mute before pretending to listen.

A single battery charge will see me through well over a week of usage. On the box they state 10 hours, but in reality I get so much more. They are fully charged in an hour or less so it's never really an issue.

Amazing on flights too....

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I feel that over-ears will be a bit bulky to carry around with me regularly, and I'll be taking them on/off constantly in the office...nothing to do with a poncy haircut either...(much).
I don't want to stick with what I've got as I feel that there must be a set of in-ear buds that have a decent microphone. It's not so much the fact I can't hear my clients but that they can't hear me - so it's more the microphone that needs to be noise-reducing than the earphone element - if that makes sense.

The Senns, and the equivalent Bose fold up and come with a case.

I use them daily, in the office, sometimes at home, and as above, on flights they are worth their weight in gold.

Pop into a John Lewis or somewhere like that and have a listen...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Apple's airpods? Say what you like about the looks (retarded) but the SQ is really surprising considering their form and the iPhone integration will be better than any other options.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I bought these recently, they do everything that you ask for. There is no line input but not had any issues, good for sport, flights, office wear etc...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LYE2C1U/?tag=cliospnet01-21
I lose and break headphones, so didn't want to pay the world for something i will leave in a foreign location. Obviously, the BOSE are quite a bit better but they are ALOT more expensive.

Abarth 595
I have some b&w p7 wireless and they are excellent. The sound quality is very good for wireless headphones and once you go wireless you never go back:wink: They also look the b****cks.