ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headtune polished TB?

Lots of Alfas
I can see the idea in it but cant see it making much difference (although a lot will say every little helps). Your better off getting your inlets matched.

Focus ST170
Yeah thats what i was thinking i just needed someone else to backup what i was thinking in the first place.. haha cheers dave!!

ITB'd MK1
most of the problem with the standard throttle body (fly-by-wire) is it's slow to react and opens to where the ECU lets it rather than where you're telling it to with the pedal. Minimal gains from this IMO but if you're done everything else and really dont want to convert to cable throttle and standalone, i suppose it wont lose you anything and might give you a bit better response

^^ Yea spot on. The ECU limits how far the throttle body actual opens ( fly by wire ) for emissions regulations. Cable throttle conversion would be better, but this could help i spose.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
in theory it works, but to be honest the 90 degree bend is a bigger problem.

possibly worth it if your fitting a pannel filter and samco bend or doing away with the 90 degree bend

clio 2 rs2
in theory it works, but to be honest the 90 degree bend is a bigger problem.

possibly worth it if your fitting a pannel filter and samco bend or doing away with the 90 degree bend
Exactly, my battery travelled to the rear, and did a cup style filtration with a straight silicon hose.With cold air intake from the front and that works:evil:
Better response and takes her rev faster;)

Ph1
Looks like a lot of rubbish to me as the standard throttle body straight off the car has exactly the same spec as what that ebay seller has listed bar the polishing