ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit and Speaker Advise

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I just brought a 2004 182, and it's still got the original headunit, CD changer and speakers. So i'm looking to upgrade and need a little advise, as i've never brought or installed any ICE before.

I'm looking at getting a Pioneer DEH-4500BT headunit as i need Bluetooth, USB charging and front Aux connections, other than getting the additional cabling/connector for the steering wheel controls to work, do i need anything else?

Also looking at some cheapish speakers to replace the front and rears, i've researched the forum and found that they're both 13cm, but not found anything about depth limits, so was hopeing for a bit of advise on that. Speakers i'm looking at are Pioneer TS-G1323, mounting depth is quite small on these at 46mm, so i'd assume these would be a straight swap.

I'm not set on either of these just, what i found that, looked decent and where fairly cheap. Can get the headunti for £80, and the speakers for £30 per pair (I assume it's per pair, that is how little i know about ICE). So any advise on what might sound/work better for similar money would be great.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I could find anything searching.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
You won't need any other plugs and cables etc.

Those speakers should fit fine. If they are a little too deep I've got a couple of spare speaker spacers you can have for free mate.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
16.5cm speakers will give you a bit more than 13s but you may want to consider amping them, then if you're going to do that you'll want to think about a sub too. Get saving!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Ok cool, that's what i was hoping, and thanks for the offer.

Not looking for massive bass, just clean, crisp sound with a little more bass, hopefully this will be achieved with the above.

im looking to upgrade my system to, like wise im after clean and crisp with abit of bass, ive been looking at rockford forsgate speakers, very expensive but im toying with the idea. ill let you know if i bite the bullet and buy them this weekend! There ment to be the bee's knees!:rasp:

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Got the headunit installed last night(well kind of, i need to remove the rubber thing that the old stereo slotted into at the back, i assume to centralise it, as it's stopping the new one from sliding in fully - how's this done?), has made a huge difference to the sound quality and power. But I think i'm still going to need to upgrade the speakers to cope with the extra power of the headunit.

Ok, so the front speakers are component speakers, will i need to do any rewiring with the aftermarket speakers, as i've noticed they come with the own splitter box thing, or do i just wire them up using the existing wiring (but with new clips) and ignore the splitter box?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Another thing that i've noticed is that the sound disappears for a second (maybe less), it did this with the original headunit too, but i assumed it was just because the radio signal was being lost as i'd only used the radio function on the standard stereo. But it's now doing it with the new headunit when playing music via my phones bluetooth connection. Any ideas what could be causing this?