ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit Depth

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Hi, I'm new to these forums although I've been around other car forums for a while with previous cars.

Anyway, I've just installed a new sound system into my car however I don't seem to have much depth behind my headunit and when my RCA leads are plugged into the back it sits proud of the opening by about an inch or so. My RCA terminals are quite long but I still don't think buying slightly shorter ones is going to fix the problem.

Does anyone know what is directly behind the headunit space on a MK2 2006 clio? Is it the heater matrix or something else? I haven't been able to get much access to behind there and I dread taking the dash out. I did that on my old car and it was a mammoth task..

Thanks in advance,
Scott

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Just keep pushing.. It will go, just make sure your leads are tucked to each side and not bunched up behing it push.. Seriously I've found sitting between the seats and using your feet the best way...

There's nothing of importance just a plastic block that vcauses the problem ... But seriously... Push

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Okay will do, thanks for the advice. I'll get the top of the dash off and have a ganders :)