ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headunit has no memory!

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member

Hi

I have a sony headunit in my car at the mo and it has no memory. Anyone know how to sort this?

Cheers

Ziel Nurburgring

Sounds like you need a permanent live to the battery if it resets everytime you turn the ignition off. Who wired it up?

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member

Sorry, so am i changing the cars wiring or the headunits?

McBunny - whats this k wire aswel or you just takin the piss out my minimal knowledge?

Porsche Boxster

Tom what did you do in the end? a girl mate of mine is swapping her headunit over in a pug 206 and is having the same problem. i have no idea when it comes to this sort of thing, so is it just a matter of unplugging these 2 wires and swapping em round, or do u have to re crimp them to the connector?

cheers
Mike

don't

what i had to do in the passed to get round this was

in the block ull notice the red and yellow

1 will be permanent live

if red to red and yellow to yellow isnt working

change it, so its red to yellow and yellow to red

see if that works,

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member

f**k me this was a while ago! lol

I just swapped the red and the yellow wire over. It was just a case of disconnecting two connectors (Male/Female type) and reconnecting and hey presto!

Porsche Boxster

cheers for the replies guys - sorry still a little confused. am i swapping the wires over at the stereo end? or the other end? if so where abouts is that? near the battery? or does the connector bit pull apart and u can just turn it over? sorry for al the questions, im doin this totally blind having not seen it.

Cheers
M

[Edited by Mikey23 on 19 April 2005 at 3:06pm]

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member

Mine had connectors on the red and yellow wires coming away from the connector block in towards the depths of the car.

(If you get what i mean!)

Porsche Boxster