ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit has no memory!

Hi

I have a sony headunit in my car at the mo and it has no memory. Anyone know how to sort this?

Cheers

Ziel Nurburgring

Sounds like you need a permanent live to the battery if it resets everytime you turn the ignition off. Who wired it up?

Sorry, so am i changing the cars wiring or the headunits?

McBunny - whats this k wire aswel or you just takin the piss out my minimal knowledge?

Porsche Boxster

Tom what did you do in the end? a girl mate of mine is swapping her headunit over in a pug 206 and is having the same problem. i have no idea when it comes to this sort of thing, so is it just a matter of unplugging these 2 wires and swapping em round, or do u have to re crimp them to the connector?

cheers
Mike

don't

what i had to do in the passed to get round this was

in the block ull notice the red and yellow

1 will be permanent live

if red to red and yellow to yellow isnt working

change it, so its red to yellow and yellow to red

see if that works,

f**k me this was a while ago! lol

I just swapped the red and the yellow wire over. It was just a case of disconnecting two connectors (Male/Female type) and reconnecting and hey presto!

Porsche Boxster

cheers for the replies guys - sorry still a little confused. am i swapping the wires over at the stereo end? or the other end? if so where abouts is that? near the battery? or does the connector bit pull apart and u can just turn it over? sorry for al the questions, im doin this totally blind having not seen it.

Cheers
M

[Edited by Mikey23 on 19 April 2005 at 3:06pm]

Mine had connectors on the red and yellow wires coming away from the connector block in towards the depths of the car.

(If you get what i mean!)

Porsche Boxster