ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit + Sub info.

Evening,

First of all, i'm not chav, or a boy racer i just like to have some extra bass to my car and I've had this box for the last 6 years :).

Just changed the HU in my car which has an actual wiring harness with phono outputs for Front L/Front R/Rear L/Rear R/SUB Out.
My sub has twin phono input where as the HU has just one sub output. I tried the common 2to1 phono adapter which didn't achieve any sound at all, i'm now connected into the Rear L/Rear R which is obviously not the best way to have it set up. Any advice on getting the connection? In theory the 2 into 1 adapter should have worked.

I had the previous set up using the stock HU actually running from the rear speakers using a line output connector like this. Now i am using the set up as it is when the car ignition is on i have a humming sound from the speakers which is rather annoying. I am unsure yet if it is the amp that is causing it or the car in general being on. I will try powering the amp off later and check the results.

If it is the amp am i right in thinking that a ground loop isolator to the phono wires may solve the issue?

I'm really not up on speaker side stuff so sorry if i sound a bit stupid with it all.

Thanks.