ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heat Sheild

The Heat sheild behind the manifold on my valver is looking very battered!!! does anyone know where i can get a new one from and how much?

Cheers

What you thinking of making it out of? i was tempted a while ago, then i realised how useless i am with these sort of things so i gave it a miss! LOL

God knows.. its made up of some kind of fiberglass type materials by the looks of things, prob not a good idea replacing with card becuase of heat distribution. id sooner hook up a hairdryer ==> battery before shelling £40 for a new sheild... thats a days wage for some people.

What happens if you dont have one at all? Because mine fell off and havent got round to replacing it!?

i suspect your engine just runs alittle hotter the usual. f7ps in my view run hot anyway, so it shoudnt make to much of a difference. just added cooling.

get it sorted if i was you..

Suppose ill have to! Also my spark cover somehow fell of and melted to the Manifold! So need one of those. ANy ideas?

the cover is 9.92 ex vat

the heat shield....just get a new one, its too hard to make one that is anywhere near as good, its not just foil and cardboard.

clio williams, Ph1 172

my mate made one out of aluminium, looked ok. He used mine as a template. I repaired mine with this sticky aluminium foils stuff. worked a treat

i can make then from ally sheet if enough of you are interested ill make a batch will be around the£15 mark tbc pm me if you want one

Skoda Fabia vRS

its there mainly to protect the brake lines, if you havent got one then id get one and change your brake fluid too !

best get that heat shield sorted mate !!!!..........its there to protect the pipes against excess heat, it broke my heart when i had to shell out £40+ for a new one, but id never drive the car without one, god knows what damage it could cause !....mind you.....nothing compared to the £170 that i had to pay for a new power steering pump..couldnt find a second hand one anywhere...........& just to let you know....your not the only one to have the spark lead cover fall on to the manifold & melt !....smells aint the word for it !!

yeah def get one, i had to buy a new one and put it on last night,

been drivign around for ages without it, and end up with all kinds of dodgy smells. my accelarator cable welded itself to its casing, dont no for sure what caused it but it runs right behind the manifold so wouldnt be surprised if it was that. For the sake of £40 and 5mins or so to fit it go and get one, not worth the hassle otherwise.