ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater and Steering- Expert knowledge required

Black 182 Sport
Hi all

I have a Clio 182 on an 04 plate. Recently the heater went on the blink, everything works on the climate control and you can feel that the temp goes up and down but the fan itself won't blow at any speed. I took it to a garage and they reckoned it was the rheostat. Now I'm not too bad at a bit of home maintanence so can anyone tell me how easy this is to replace and any other info (like where it is and stuff)

Secondly I have noticed a creaking at very slow speeds from the steering/front wheel area. If I go lock to lock, say when parking, it creaks like an old lady. Has anyone had a simialr experience?

Finally on the subject of steering does anyone on here have a spare original steering wheel for a 182? (you may have changed it for a 3rd party one or something) Basically my 'wheel' trim has come apart on the left hand side (where the soft rubber grips are) The airbag and main wheel unit are fine but it just looks like a mess.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Clio 182 FF
Ok mate, your first problem is exactly the same ive just been having.
I checked the forum and then went onto Renault and the most common problem is the resister pack, Its easy to replace(its in this thread how to do it http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=283961)

Although after purchasing the resister pack from renault and doing it myself, it turned out that it wasnt the problem and i had a loose connection, found this out after booking it in at renault and putting through the computer.
The only problem is that now i have a brand new resister pack which they are reluctant to take back.
So its upto you really, buy a resister for £102 and try that or put it through the computer at £80 and see if they can tell you what the problem is.
Hope you get it sorted as it bugged the fook out of me when it was playing up.

p.s. ive got a resister pack for sale, brand new one careful owner;)

The rubber grips seem to rip on everybodys, mine included.
Really bad design on the steering wheel.
Check ebay, quite often they are on there for sale.

Good Luck.

Black 182 Sport
Ok mate, your first problem is exactly the same ive just been having.
I checked the forum and then went onto Renault and the most common problem is the resister pack, Its easy to replace(its in this thread how to do it http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=283961)

Although after purchasing the resister pack from renault and doing it myself, it turned out that it wasnt the problem and i had a loose connection, found this out after booking it in at renault and putting through the computer.
The only problem is that now i have a brand new resister pack which they are reluctant to take back.
So its upto you really, buy a resister for £102 and try that or put it through the computer at £80 and see if they can tell you what the problem is.
Hope you get it sorted as it bugged the fook out of me when it was playing up.

p.s. ive got a resister pack for sale, brand new one careful owner;)

The rubber grips seem to rip on everybodys, mine included.
Really bad design on the steering wheel.
Check ebay, quite often they are on there for sale.

Good Luck.

Cheers for that mate, much appreciated will give it a go. Let me know how much you want for the resistor too as it may be just the ticket, by the way do you know if the resistor and the rehostat are the same thing cos my local stealer quoted 102 quid too for a rehostat!!! :D

Last edited:
  Clio 182 FF
Hey mate, sorry not sure if the resister and rehostat are the same thing.
And i sold the resister to somebody on the wanted pages.
sorry bud, hope you get it sorted.

Black 182
My car squeaks on full lock and so does my mates 182, something to to with the strut top washer I think, not a problem unless it bothers you.
Matt