ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Problem please read

clio 172
i know there are many posts on here about this but my heaters do not work on any setting theres just nothing coming out of them. i was told it could be the resistor but i just got a new one of them and still nothing :( anyone have any ideas on what it could be and how to test for it?
its getting pretty annoying now especially when the windows start to get a bit misted up :(

its a 51plate clio 172 with A/C

ph 2, 172.
i had same problem mate, got a new rheostat still nothing so i took it to a local garage and they stripped it down and had a look for me, & now its the heater motor/fan? something along those lines..

hope it helps in anyway

clio 172
Thanks its getting rather cold now and its got to be fixed i just hope someone can point me to a guide or something so ican have ago it fixing it lol iwas thinking it may be the motor myself but i dunno how to test it lol

ph 2, 172.
yeah i was freezing for a few days and had to have tissue/clothes at the ready for the windows lol..

i dont have a clue how you could test it mate? sorry.

clio 172
It wasn't the resistor i had a new one of them put in and it still didnt work :( so i might have ione spare thats brand new if anyone needs one. so instead i decided to take out the motor and see if that worked and it was dead when i hooked it up to the power gave it a bit of a clean and tried again and bingo it started to spin :) so tomorrow ill clean it up a bit more and place it back in to see if the jobs done lol

Audi S3 Saloon
Hi fortune,

I have just had the same issue, gave the motor a whack and now it's working again.

Is the motor easy to take out/clean? Do you have any pics/advice as I wanna do the same at the weekend.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Adam

RenaultSport 182
Can anyone direct me to the motor? I have the same issue here and have tried replacing the resister with one from another 182 (which works fine) but no joy :(

Any direction or pics would be very helpful... (I plan to give my motor a whack when I find it).

Cheers

Rick

BG FF182
Had a similar problem with mine in my 182, in that if I started the car with the climate set to max temperature on Auto mode I got loads of hot air, but then the temperate wouldn't go down, and vice versa so it's either cooked or frozen. Ironically if I switched the engine off at a desired temperature and restarted it the air temperature changed instantly. If I started the engine at say 21 degrees I got no hot air at all no matter how long the journey was!!

There is a guide on here to do with taking a panel off with two motors on it which is located in the drivers side foot well just above the vent for blowing air at your feet, and then table tying the offending item. See

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=308548&highlight=heater&page=2

It's not a difficult task to do, I managed with a 6mm socket on a torque wrench so I could get to them easier than using a spanner or nut driver. Took about half hour to get the panel off, and put it back together. Hopefully it will solve the problem otherwise it will be a trip to the garage.