ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Fan Not Working But Can Feel Heat

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Trying to get my head around an issue with my 182 Cup.

My heater fans are not working at all but I can feel the warm air coming out. Haven't had a chance to investigate properly yet but need to get it sorted before Winter hits unless I want to be driving along with a misted up windscreen!

Was told by the previous owner that it could just be a "dodgy connection" where the manual control panel was replaced with a new one but I don't know if I believe that or not.

Does it sound like the usual resistor problem?

Cheers!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Likely to be the resistor pack

Seems to be a lot of info in this link

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Trying to get my head around an issue with my 182 Cup.

My heater fans are not working at all but I can feel the warm air coming out. Haven't had a chance to investigate properly yet but need to get it sorted before Winter hits unless I want to be driving along with a misted up windscreen!

Was told by the previous owner that it could just be a "dodgy connection" where the manual control panel was replaced with a new one but I don't know if I believe that or not.

Does it sound like the usual resistor problem?

Cheers!
Usually with the resistor pack the fan only runs at one speed. It's either on full or off.
Sounds to me more like the fan itself.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Sorry I can't help with the fans not working, it sounds more serious than the usual resistor pack (but still worth checking).

You will still feel some heat in the area, as hot engine coolant is still running through the heater matrix.