ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heating and over revving

1994 clio mk1
hi all, right here goes lol, can anyone help me please,iv got a 94 clio mk1, i changed the thermostat 6 months ago as my heaters wernt working but i didnt flush the system while changing it as i didnt know at the time, now its getting cold i want them working, iv had the system flushed twice in the last 2 weeks and filled up with de ionised water and anti freeze but the heaters are still not working plus its been bled aswell, could the newish thermostat that i changed be clogged because i didnt flush the system at the time of change,the water colour was like coffee, im about to get a new thermostat and flush the whole system AGAIN, before i had this trouble the heaters worked fine and then they didnt and the local garage told me about the thermostat which is why i changed it in the first place. also iv noticed over the last few days that my car is over revving when im in neutral or coasting but when the car comes to a complete stop it idles normally after a few seconds. iv cleaned the carb with carb cleaner but iv noticed oil in the little pipe that comes from the air box into the engine,is this normal?? any help will be very much appreciated. plus is there a diagnostic plug on this car so i can pinpoint what is wrong with it,as for the over revving iv been told it could be the throttle body or censor?? thanks in advance. hopefully looking for a cheap fix!! :)