ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy clutch

1994 Renault Clio RT 1.4
I got my car today and i wanted to know if someone knows how to adjust the clutch so its not so heavy.

The reason i ask is because its that heavy the clutch pedal also squeeks.

Thanks

1994 Renault Clio RT 1.4
This is stupidly heavy. Its not that that really bothers me its the squeak of the pedal that bugs me...

It'll be the clutch cable. Mine also does this, more so in hot weather and/or sitting in traffic. I'm certain it'll be cured when I do eventually get around to changing the cable.

Oops, just noticed yours isn't a sport, which may make my diagnosis complete toss :D

Clio RT 1.4 1997
mine has a heavy clutch, its not that annoying to me, at least i cant accidentally slip out of gear :S its just a pain to hold when driving through town

clio 172 cup
not 100% but on my valver they couldnt be adjusted had an adjuster on the pedel/rattchet. The clutch cable spring above the throttle cable once oiled seems to make it marginly better.