ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy Duty Bearings

"Navy" N17 TWO
This might sound crazy, and I have been asked this by mechanics - is there such thing as a higher performance or heavy duty wheel bearing, for the Clio?

Seeing as the Clio's seem to eat the feckin bearings it would be a good idea to find out

Anyone ever hear of a better/stronger bearing that fits our bearing munchers? :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Funny you should say that, since I need 2 front tyres, brake pads for MOT + a bearing :rasp:

Lots of Alfas
I dont think theres any heavy duty ones, theres lots of choices on the market, the ones k-tec sell seem of better quality.

SKF were my best employer when in recruitment around a year ago.

Random comment, but would be interested in which ones as with Trev?

MK3 Dci & Sinclair c5
SKF part numbers

FR: VKBA3596 for standard
VKBA3615 for vehicles with extreme sports package (what the funk that is I have no idea lol!)

RR: VKBA969

These are for a 2003 172 ;)

Clio 182
i'm near at 65k miles and only replaced the rear bearing and thats because i was changing the rear discs!

I wouldn't be taking it easy everywhere too!

Wee question, if front bearings are still ok (not grinding) is there any benefit in changing them?

Clio MK1, r5 gtt
did anyone find out where to get these bearings? put the part numbers into the search on website ang got nothing?