ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy steering when turning right

Clio 200
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my problem everytime i turn right the steering seems hard but when turning left its really light almost like the feeling of understeer.

If any one has any ideas i would appriciate some info cheers

Skoda fabia Vrs
Welcome to my world mate!! I've had this problem since I bought my twingo rs 133 in decmeber 2009!

Mine has had 2 new bottom arms. 1 at 11k and 1 at 16k and a new steering coloum back in march this year and the problem is worse no joke. Renault say it's fine when it isn't but can't find the issue. It's not tracking as it's been done 5 times easily. I refuse to put a rack on the car as it's going to cost me roughly £500 easily.

Clio 200
Oh balls! I have only just hit 10k in the 200 so looks like am gonna have to book it in to garage as sounds like somethings deffo wrong... Does it pull to one side too when you put your foot down?

Skoda fabia Vrs
Yes. And when I steer right its like it's refusing to steer right as it takes a lot of strength to steer the car. It wants to Force itself back to dead centre but the issue is not tracking I'm told. I got told maybe a strut top bearing but there's no noise when steering. I think it's the rack but they won't replace it!!

Clio 200
Well I just been along to Renault and one of the lads went for a drive in it claimed it felt normal so there gonna have a "look" at it I bet they say it's nowt!