ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy steering

Clio Dci 85
Hello everybody!!

My steering in some ocasions its too heavy i think!! i know one clio 2 1.2 16v and its its quite soft. mine's in some ocasions i can't turn the sterring wheel only with one hand...
when i turn the wheel it crancks too...

Whats the solution?

Thanks

Clio 1.2 16v
have you checked your tyre pressures lately bud?

power steering fluid may need topping up.

mine crancks sometimes when i turn it also

Cannot top up the fluid as its an electric rack.

Could be failuty rack I'm sure you asked this question recnetly and got an answer.

Check the top mounts and bearings also the bottom ball joint the driveshafts then the sensors on the rack then the wishbone bushes.

Clio Dci 85

Cannot top up the fluid as its an electric rack.

Could be failuty rack I'm sure you asked this question recnetly and got an answer.

Check the top mounts and bearings also the bottom ball joint the driveshafts then the sensors on the rack then the wishbone bushes.

"the sensors on the rack then the wishbone bushes" how i check this? ;)

LY 182
edde on the same sort of subject did you mention once that the assist on the electric racks can be turned up and down? i wouldnt mind mine a bit heavier.. any idea how its done?

edde on the same sort of subject did you mention once that the assist on the electric racks can be turned up and down? i wouldnt mind mine a bit heavier.. any idea how its done?

Need to get it plugged into a Renault computer different cars and sertups run one of th two rack (normals the heavy cars run the more powerful rack) thern there a few power setting depending on spec etc can be used.