ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HEEEELP!! my wipers arent working 172

Mk5 golf gti
this morning becuase its all cold and icey.i started up the car and the wipers came on.but because they were frozen to the screen they didnt move an i think the motor tripped out or something.now they wont work at all.i dont think the motor would of burnt out cos the wipers were only on for about 2 seconds then they cut out.is there a safety feature in the system that could of tripped it out??? because there was to much pressure on the motor with the wipers being stuck.when i move the stalk up and down i cant hear anything.system is just dead but the rear wiper is working hellllllllllp cant risk driving with no wipers lol
thank you in advance

Mk5 golf gti
i think its just the fuse i hope lol
going to check in the morning
anyone kno which fuse it is

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
When you pull the pannel off, just look in the back of it, will show you in a diagram, i would do it now, only takes 2 seconds, this should be the 1st thing you check before making a post anyway!..

Mk5 golf gti
the car isnt here
this will be the first thing i will check
i made the post because if its not the fuse then i have a few things to look for if not,
not that i have to justify it :/

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
not that i have to justify it :/
Alright, no need to be a c**k about it, was only commenting.

Its just obvious that you check the fuze box 1st, Then if its all fine you question it.

Its either a fize or a work out motor, chances are it will be a fuze.

Mk5 golf gti
lol i wasnt
saying i should of checked it before i posted
thats why
was just asking for some help :)
yea i hope its the fuse
cheers

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Do you know how long its been broke for?

Also, before they stopped working, did you notice any weird sounds coming from the motor area?

Any other problems with the car? etc..

Mk5 golf gti
jus since this morning.but i didnt have time to mess about so used the other car.and not been back yet.
erm yea the motor was making a noise like it was trying harder to push the wipers
but this could of blown the fuse
or the motor could of packed in
thats why wasnt sure
ill have it apart 2moz
as im also putting my stealth system back on :D

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Ah nice! - Decat too?

Sorry i snapped at you mate, not a great day for me lol.

Like you said, either motor or fuze, if motor is okay and is just fuze and still making weird noises, have it apart and grease it all up, prob just dried up.

Shdhdhd
Mine have stopped. Think it's the fuse cos of the ice.

Which fuse do you need and where is the fuse?

Pics or good description would helpful somebody??