ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hellaflush Clio

182 Turbo Project
Been looking at videos for ages and I think I would like to go this way. Any ideas as to what parts I should get? I want offset, advice?

cheers

Advice? Good luck with rear arch clearance and the front wing/bumper brackets and generally front wheels rubbing on inner wing seams and driveshafts on chassis rails.

182 has different track and wheelbase to 172's and non RS clio's so you'll have a lot more issues with wheels/tyres hitting bodywork when getting very low and attempting flush, stretched, poked fitment. Trying to avoid it by reducing suspension travel will result in abysmal ride and a very bouncy back end thanks to the Clio not having much weight over the rear axle.

182 Turbo Project
Well its on coilies atm, was thinking of just getting some 15s, stretch, and a tad of camber... will I find this hard to achieve? Or due to them being 15s, it shouldn't cause too much of an issue?

alien green rs133
running wheels flush with arches with camber and low is no issue at all :D

18189064a11921325281l.jpg

18189064a12439350048l.jpg

Not a 182 though is it ;) geometry on the 182 is NOT the same as a 172 or a non RS Mk2

I'm not saying it's impossible just that getting a "hellaflush" level of fitment will be a lot of work and will compromise the handling/ride/practicality of the car.

182 Turbo Project
What spacers are you running mate? I would want to go lower than that at the front, which I suppose would be ok if I get some 15s?

alien green rs133
im running 25mm on the front, 182's are different but not a million miles different FFS
i went low till the wheels caught when landing off jumps then went up 2mm :D
pretty much the best handling clio i driven

My 182 was on coils and was not mega low but I soon cared when I looked a royal prick having to reverse out of a petrol station making all the other cars move because I couldn't get out of the exit due to the ride height!

182 Turbo Project
My 182 was on coils and was not mega low but I soon cared when I looked a royal prick having to reverse out of a petrol station making all the other cars move because I couldn't get out of the exit due to the ride height!

Use a different petrol station? Ha ha.

I know it won't be practical, but it's not meant to be :)

Use a different petrol station? Ha ha.

I know it won't be practical, but it's not meant to be :)

I wasn't in my home town at the time, in retrospect I was lucky I'd not ended up somewhere unknown where I couldn't pass a speed bump or turn around.

Neils 172 is a phase one which doesn't have the wing/bumper brackets that a phase 2 or 182 has. None of these other pics are of a 182 yet either....

As said, the front wing/bumper will take a lot of chopping to enable you to be flush, so to speak.
Really want to see it done well, though! The first picture posted by Alex is probably the best I've seen tbh.

Also, did not know that 182's were really different from 172's regarding geometry... I thought the sports were the same, except for hub spacing.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Laura's ph2 172 had a good attempt at some stance IIRC, but as has been said its not easy on a clio

As said, the front wing/bumper will take a lot of chopping to enable you to be flush, so to speak.
Really want to see it done well, though! The first picture posted by Alex is probably the best I've seen tbh.

Also, did not know that 182's were really different from 172's regarding geometry... I thought the sports were the same, except for hub spacing.

Track and wheelbase were modified for the 182 not just the bolt spacing on the hub carrier/strut,

I'd agree on the non RS Alex posted being the closest, front looks better than the rear though, way too much offset for my taste at the back I'd prefer to see smaller diameter, less offset with more of a drop and a touch of camber.

More poke than viagr
Any excuse!
Steinhardt_100714_6914-1.jpg

I didnt need any arch modification at all, not even rolled :approve: But they were only 14" so coilovers didnt go low enough lol!....was a bit bumpy i have to admit, but definatly worth it

alien green rs133
i havent yet had an issue with speed bumps :D still attack them at circa 30mph :D 4k's of rally coilover FTW

DCi 100
9394b791.jpg

ed9ce97e.jpg

70c93c30.jpg

Thread; http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?503168-Renee-Clio-lt-3&highlight=

I'd love a set of Schmidt's but it's just £££. You could roll around on a newly powercoated and brand new tired up set of OZ F1's for afew quid over £300 if you play your cards right and get the tires fitted cheap enought. Set of Schmidt's for £7/800 with where abouts tires, I don't know. There's also the problem that if you t**t a wheel, it'd be a right dogs bollock finding a single Schmidt opposed to a more common wheel. But I guess that isn't really the game your after.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You just cant jump in the ring with all the Aces because you think you can box

Mustang, S13, AX GT
pah, thats still a positive offset though with the spacers, and it looks like a copy of another clio on here with its LaminX lights etc ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Pffftt... chequered mirror, f**kin leopard skins where its at. Sorry for setting trends.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I like the the Hellaflush/ low stance look but it my own opinion it just doesn't look right on a clio. Especialy from behind when you see skiny 145's stretched on to 7'' wide wheels.

Just my opinion

182 Turbo Project
Thanks for all the decent responses! Right I'm going for it, what size rims and tyres should I use for stretching?

More poke than viagr
f**king hell boys grow up....its just like everyone one else with silvervisions and turini's then isnt it? f**king sheep

Black Clio GT
8x14 front 9x14 rear get an of sett of about et15, which will give you abit of flexability with spacers and camber set up!!
wind the coilovers right down and get a custom rear spring set up and attack rear window with stickers, done!!