ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello all... :)

Cliosport182
hello!
well i didnt see a newbie section after seconds of looking so i thought i would say a hey and all that stuff...
I dont have a cliosport yet, im on the look out for a nice 182 in the very near future. I was driving a lovely mini cooper s and really enjoyed it. Fully specced out with everything i could possibly get!!!

th_126469-1copy.jpg

th_126469-3copy.jpg

but a few weeks back i was involved in a major accident and the mini is no more as you can see from the pictures :( :(

DSC00258.jpg

I must admit it held up really well and would never fault the car.. was a joy to drive and saved my life.

Im now after a cliosport.. always loved them!
I think im right in thinking the mini was built better and nicer inside but the clio is more enjoyable to drive...?
Is the build quality that bad on the clio? or a myth?
Im not really bothered about the performance anymore.. is the clio a safe car?

thats all for now! Hope your enjoying your weekend!! :D poo weather though isnt it..

Last edited:
  Jag Mondeo -Type
I have found so far, that the build quality is alright on important things e.g. the engine (where's the wood?) but interior is rubbidsh and rattles.

Boz

Arctic 182
Clio's are pretty safe, 4* NCAP. New 197 if 5* but £££.
Hope all is well after that, looks like a nasty one!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Oh dear, rolled mini.

Welcome to ClioSport. - One word of notice, if you do not conform to the "cliosport build" you generally are shot down, and disreguarded as a member. I dont have a Renault Sport at all, just a 1.2l Mark 1. Im an exception and people on here have taken to me. Just be warned if you try to "mod" your car, prepare for a slating, unless you conform to the "gay" you must have "this this and this" rule on here. If you dont, prepare for slating which is sad to say but it HAPPENS every single thread on here no matter what. Either you learn to forget these comments which WILL happen, or you leave the club, which im sure most people due because of the certain actions of members.

Welcome again.

Yes I do read them. They do not always slate the person - the person would only be stated if they had 'chavved their car up' i.e. lexarse lights, dodgy bolt on bits, such a s daft spoilers & wings. Even then -some will like that sort of thing, others including me don't.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Yes I do read them. They do not always slate the person - the person would only be stated if they had 'chavved their car up' i.e. lexarse lights, dodgy bolt on bits, such a s daft spoilers & wings.

Most threads get slated, its just a fact. I dislike many mods such as the ironing board spoilers, but to just slate someones hard work, its really not good for a club. A chaved up car doesnt mean the person who did it doesnt like it, far from it. I personally wouldnt have any dodgy halfords mods, but many people like them. I just tend to pour over threads and see constant slating, i just find that a lot of people jump on the band wagon just to fit it.

Come on lad's , let's not put the new gentle man off ^^^^^^^^^ Lol

Cliosport's are cracking little car's , but if you want a safe car , and your getting a nice payout maybe Megane sport?

Cliosport182
lol.. i wouldnt say it was modded.. all from the factory :) and i should hope it doesnt look chav... looked lovely in the flesh! i didnt intentionally go for the mangled door look and buckled back tire tho :(
i got cut up as i was overtaking someone and ended up in field on the roof.. other guy drove off as well which was a shock. Only a car though at the end of the day.

Does the 182 come standard with climate control, xenon lights and all the nice stuff? or were they all extras? just looking for some now. DO the higher specs hold there price better?

thanks sam

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
if your looking for a car that's as safe as the mini I would honestly say the clio isn't it. The clios are reasonably safe but not as safe as a mini IMHO. I think the talk about build quality is a bit of a myth though, I never had any issues with my 172 in the 4 years I had it from new.

SamR;2759526 Does the 182 come standard with climate control said:
Depends what type you get. Theres 182 FF (full fat) and Cup. The FF has the climate, leather etc, the cups have poverty spec interior.

Octavia VRS
Welcome to CS. The Clio is a safe(ish) car but as Gareth says the MINI is probably safer.

IMO you will see a major difference in the quality of finish between the Clio and the MINI. However, if you take the Clio for what it is - a good value for money, quick, great handling, full of character hot hatch - then you will love it.