ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hello all

clio mk2 1.2
Hi, im new to the forum and drive a 1.2 clio mk2 :approve:
got a few plans in mind, just looking at the insurance and its costing me over 5k to insure? seems alot even considering my age 17 and i live in a rural area :S
anybody else been quoted silly amounts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
  RS6 C7
Insurance is silly at the minute!, I do hope your not trolling as there has been alot about this kind of thing lately, Some tips:
Add parents as named driver (women drivers bring the price down a fair bit)
Quinn are usually cheapest for young people, Where have you been searching for insurance?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Top tip: Don't bother modifying your car if it already costs 5k to insure!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
5k?! Thats way over the odd for a 1.2!!! It should be closer to 1.5K! Give Aviva a try as they were the cheapest for me on my 1.2 clio. Admiral are also very good and worth a try.

RS6 C7
5k?! Thats way over the odd for a 1.2!!! It should be closer to 1.5K! Give Aviva a try as they were the cheapest for me on my 1.2 clio. Admiral are also very good and worth a try.

Cheapest i have seen any of my mates paying is 2.5k, All standard 1.2 clio's / corsa's etc

172 berg, Fabia VRS
That insurance cost is fooking shocking!! You would get a mint 182 for that!!! Premiums like that really piss me off, especially on a 1.2 clio! Pricing young drivers off the road

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Always check http://quidco.com for insurance deals. I'm with Aviva paying £390 on my 182... got 20% off for being a new customer, another 20% for doing everything online, and £80 cashback through Quidco, happy days! Also, put your mum on your insurance, I did and it went down by £70.