ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello and Revs question

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi all, as i'm new to cliosport I thought i'd say hello! I've just bought a full fat 182 with both cup packs (i'll put some pictures up of her when i have them!) after a stream of various vauxhalls and then a 106 gti, but now i've seen the light and loving it!
One question - is it normal for the rev limiter to come in at about 6700 rpm? - it just seems a little early for such an awsome engine.
cheers
Duncs

BMW M3
welcome mate... i think the rev limiter is around there... but mine is chipped and goes just passed 7000rpm so not sure. I am sure the experts on here will be able to tell you. How many mile has it done? I would be too scared to limit it new IMO

Focus ST
It should rev to 7250rpm when fully warmed up.

It cuts in early when the car isn't warmed up enough as a protection measure. Think it works off the coolant temp?

BMW M3
^^^^ yeah was going to mention the temp.. maybe mine rev to 7500rpm then after getting it chipped. Dont usually go up that high.

RenaultSport clio 182
Cheers for that - shes done about 15000, i'll let her warm up totally on the way home tonight then and give it a go see what happens!!!

:D

Focus ST
Justin182 said:
^^^^ yeah was going to mention the temp.. maybe mine rev to 7500rpm then after getting it chipped. Dont usually go up that high.

Depends what chip you've got - I'm pretty sure they dont all raise the rev limiter.

Focus ST
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Nooo...6.8 in 1st 7.2 in 2nd and just over 7 in 3rd...

I'm fairly certain I've revved to 7k in first gear, but could be wrong I guess - will have to check it out.

RenaultSport clio 182
The problem is nailing it in 1st/2nd and looking at the rev counter - not a good idea!!!

BMW M3
Lucas said:
Depends what chip you've got - I'm pretty sure they dont all raise the rev limiter.

I got a pretty good one from 'superchips' and he said it had raised the limiter, but i wasnt really bothered as i never bounce it anyway...