ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Bristol

Clio 172
Hi all, picking up a black 2003 RS172 on Saturday (my first Renault!). Joined the club and thought I'd say hello. Standard at the moment but I may have a dabble in the future.

Megane 225 F1
Welcome buddy. Keep a look out for meets in the south west section and then pop along to some :)

Megane 225 F1
Oh if you want a rs tuner remap, send me a pm. Highly recommend remap by lots on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dj Annihilation

Hi all, picking up a black 2003 RS172 on Saturday (my first Renault!). Joined the club and thought I'd say hello. Standard at the moment but I may have a dabble in the future.

Where abouts from Bristol you from buddy?

Clio 172
Thanks for the offer Will, going to remap it one day but I'm in no rush. On the to do list is a compression check, service with a posh oil, watch oil usage over a month or 2. Probably replace some of the tired suspension and brakes first. Definitely dyno and check the AFR's, then remap and buy shiny things time :D Been looking at the RSTuner software and it looks pretty cool but it doesn't look like you get to play with the maps yourself, still for the price you can't go wrong.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks for the offer Will, going to remap it one day but I'm in no rush. On the to do list is a compression check, service with a posh oil, watch oil usage over a month or 2. Probably replace some of the tired suspension and brakes first. Definitely dyno and check the AFR's, then remap and buy shiny things time :D Been looking at the RSTuner software and it looks pretty cool but it doesn't look like you get to play with the maps yourself, still for the price you can't go wrong.

Sounds like a sensible approach :)

Clio 172
I live near Filton, already joined the local group so should be able to make it up to some meets, rolling road day sounds great. I'm still picking up the kind of after market options available to Clio's. I'm not up to speed with the ECU side of things, anything else out there other than the RSTuner software (not including generic maps)? Nothing Chip said phased me, it's a bit interesting as there doesn't seem a whole lot to be earned without cams and a good exhaust system, but the ECU seems to be a good starting point.

Megane 225 F1
NO but I've missed you mace. Newbie threads aren't the same since we got stopped with our sharking ;)

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
NO but I've missed you mace. Newbie threads aren't the same since we got stopped with our sharking ;)

I feel the welcoming commitee being disbanded was a step back for the clio community. I signed up to singlemums.net just so I could access the newbie board.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Welcome to the club.

Lets keep the technical chat in the correct sections. Makes it easier for everyone to find advice.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Thats a first! Tom has cleared up a newbie thread and not one of my posts has been deleted!

Megane 225 F1
LOL Mace. I think we should get a petition to get the welcome committee back up and running.

Mental 172 Cup
Welcome along mate.

A few of us regularly meet near the centre so get down to there at some point..will be good to meet a few new faces.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thats a first! Tom has cleared up a newbie thread and not one of my posts has been deleted!

You must be getting old, or getting bored with sharking men.

LOL Mace. I think we should get a petition to get the welcome committee back up and running.

The petition to perma ban you if you annoy me again has more signatures, Still Love you x

Megane 225 F1
As Luke has mentioned, we are regularly near the centre.

I am also just about to sort the Castle Combe performance action day stand for the club which is always a very good day out!

The petition to perma ban you if you annoy me again has more signatures, Still Love you x

Ouch. Meow! Although I'm not sure the x was there for effect or not. A kiss makes it ok to offend people, right?

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I'm getting old. Even my little wee willy winker does what it wants nowadays.

It used to be a wink made everything ok.

You're a prick. <----- bad
You're a prick;) <------ good

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The X was not for effect, that's genuine affection right there.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
The X was not for effect, that's genuine affection right there.

Have you been to see the Wizard with dorothy? The old tin man has a heart?

wiz-the-wizard-of-oz-7066513-600-400.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And to think, people thought remaps were off topic a page ago, now its moved onto gay internet dating, lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and Andy, if you're considering new shocks i have some Eiback sportline springs and almost new shocks im considering selling.

Clio 172
Oh and Andy, if you're considering new shocks i have some Eiback sportline springs and almost new shocks im considering selling.
Probably not right now to be honest, but PM me a price anyway. Always a chance.