ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from MExico City

Clio Sport '02
Cheers Mates!!! Hola Amigos!!!

I am from Mexico City and have a Clio RS 2002 171 with standard springs and Koni shocks.

I use this car everyday and a few track days. I am to buy KW V2 coilovers.

Does anyone has this set coilovers installed and would you be able to give some feedback?

Regards

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Welcome along...I like seein new folk from the other side of the world...Get some shots up.

KW are imo the best suspension on the market! V3's! ;)

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
Hi

Were you at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez early in December for the Formula BMW World Finals? I saw a 172 in the paddock car park!

Clio Sport '02
hi, welcome to the forum

Welcome to cliosport

Thank you, I will try to keep up with all of you!!!

Welcome along...I like seein new folk from the other side of the world...Get some shots up.

KW are imo the best suspension on the market! V3's! ;)

sure I will post some pics of my car soon!!!

KW V3, as fas as I know is not available for Clio RS 172, only for 197

Hi & welcome :)

Greetings hombre.:)

thanks!!!

Hi

Were you at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez early in December for the Formula BMW World Finals? I saw a 172 in the paddock car park!

Yes I was ther but my car was not parked at the paddock entrance. I was also able to drive the formula cars, an event that BMW MExico did. It is incredible do be able to drive those little formulas with a 1200cc engines, adn weight og about 500kgs

How did you like MExico?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Thank you, I will be here, reading and learning from you experiences

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
Yes I was ther but my car was not parked at the paddock entrance. I was also able to drive the formula cars, an event that BMW MExico did. It is incredible do be able to drive those little formulas with a 1200cc engines, adn weight og about 500kgs

How did you like MExico?

Cool, it must have been your car I saw then! Mexico was great thanks, good to see somewhere new. It was nice to race somewhere warm in December too! Yes the cars are quite quick for something with such a small engine, they seem very fast because of how low they are and the noise! I'm glad you enjoyed it

Clio Sport '02
Cool, it must have been your car I saw then! Mexico was great thanks, good to see somewhere new. It was nice to race somewhere warm in December too! Yes the cars are quite quick for something with such a small engine, they seem very fast because of how low they are and the noise! I'm glad you enjoyed it

So you race and drive in the Formula BMW? That is awesome...I was able to drive for a day and and did not want the day to finish :)

Hopefully I will be able to drive another formula, another day!!!

Regards

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
I'm not a driver no. I wish I was! I'm a mechanic for one of the teams, sometimes we do get to drive the cars back to the garages after the races though. You have been faster in one than me!

Clio Sport '02
I'm not a driver no. I wish I was! I'm a mechanic for one of the teams, sometimes we do get to drive the cars back to the garages after the races though. You have been faster in one than me!

that is also very cool., I wqas able to talk to onw of the mechanics and explained to me the set up that he put on, the formula to be able to make doughnuts or 360´s.......it seems easy and once I talke to him everything he said makes a lot of sense

do you know if you are to come here next year? if the final will be here too?

thanks

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
I don't think we will be back in Mexico City next year. The Americas championship are goin to Puebla so they will be in Mexico. The World Final could be anyway in the world.
We do the European and Pacific championships so won't be anywhere near Mexico i'm afraid. You have A1GP visiting you soon though

Clio Sport '02
I don't think we will be back in Mexico City next year. The Americas championship are goin to Puebla so they will be in Mexico. The World Final could be anyway in the world.
We do the European and Pacific championships so won't be anywhere near Mexico i'm afraid. You have A1GP visiting you soon though

Americas Championship? Amozoc, Puebla y our second best track here in Mexico!!!! and yes A1GP is coming to Mexico, again!!! :D

Regards

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
Yes, there are 3 championships in Formula BMW, Americas, Europe and Pacific (Asia)

Clio Sport '02
Hello and welcome to CS...from chilly old England ;)

thank you, and I bet, I saw a post here where someone says thta he could not start his clio due to the waather, and that is kind of dangerous to go out and drive!!!!

take care

Yes, there are 3 championships in Formula BMW, Americas, Europe and Pacific (Asia)

cool, i would like to see those formulas in Amozoc......

In amozoc you can really enjoy the race., unlike Hermanos Rodriguez, where you can onlu see them in straight way!!!